Monday, September 15, 2008

WII're back

Well, after a lovely 5 weeks with no WII, no PS2, and no GameCube, we are now back among the gamers. My 4 year old is the happiest about this, as Mondays, he cheerfully ships everyone off to school, so he can dominate the tv for 6 whole hours. Yes, that is exactly what he did today. I had forgotten how nice a peaceful day of laundry and housecleaning could be, with the family whiner happily bashing in jigglypuffs head. Lovely I say, periodically having this in home babysitter to occupy him, where I normally would be reading to, and playing with. I was even able to make his lunch today without his help...talk about nice.

So we are headed to the local Wal-Mart for eyeliner (my 14 year old), Body wash (my 15 year old) and a WII game (bday gift for the 11 yr old), and a Journey song comes on the radio. I am singing along, word for word, as I am a good teenager of the '80s, and my 15 year old son starts singing word for word beside me. Should I be offended or flattered? I thought my music was "oldies" I say to him. His reply? "It's JOURNEY mom, EVERYONE knows Journey." I thought about the music my mom listened to in the car with me. You know, those wonderful 8 tracks. I realized that some of that music, I consider MY music, not hers. I grew up on it. My son grew up on my music, so I guess that makes it "his". What I do know is this, I LOVE that he was sitting beside me singing Don't Stop Believing!!! These are the moments that I treasure. These, and everytime Dancing Queen comes on, I turn it up, sing at the top of my voice, and by the time my oldest two get married, I will have the coordinating dance!!!

Soak up every minute, even the ones that seem mundane. And when it seems like there is no common ground????? DONT STOP BELIEVING!!

No comments: